What if you could ventilate…
- Without a facemask
- Without sedation
- Without the risk of barotrauma
- Without the risk of infection
And at the same time…
- Increase cardiac output
- Facilitate secretion clearance
- Provide an active expiratory phase
- Exercise musculature, promoting strengthening
Introducing Biphasic Cuirass Ventilation (BCV)
The United Hayek ventilators work using a unique Biphasic Cuirass Ventilation (BCV) technique. A negative pressure is generated within the chest cuirass, for inspiration or continuous inspiratory assistance, and applies a positive pressure within the cuirass inducing expiration. This positive expiratory pressure means that expiration is an active phase in the respiratory cycle this makes the Hayek RTX particularly efficient at CO2 clearance.
With over 300 publications to date, BCV is a very well proven method of ventilation.
BCV Provides an efficient and effective method of non-invasive external ventilation and is a real alternative to traditional forms of ventilation.
- Mimics the natural physiology of spontaneous ventilation.
- Active expiratory phase.
- Full support with no risk with no risk of VAP, barotrauma or infection.
- Eat, drink and talk while fully supported.
- BCV can be used in place of BiPAP, CPAP (where underlying OSA if not a factor), vest and cough assist type devices, and in many cases, invasive positive pressure ventilation.
BCV works using a clear plastic shell called a Cuirass. The cuirass is lightweight and has a foam seal that maintain an airtight fit around the patient. It is very comfortable to wear. It is available in 12 different sizes, ranging from babies to adults.
BCV can be used in both the hospital setting or at home. BCV is ideally suited for use in both acute and chronic, intubated or non-intubated patients.
BCV doesn’t just ventilate fantastically, it is really comfortable too. The seal is made of super soft foam, the cuirass is very light and it is designed to fit light a glove. United Hayek units automagically compensate for leaks, therefore the cuirass doesn’t need to be applied tightly.
Clean & Hygenic
The seal is hypoallergenic and it’s disposable too. This mean it’s hygenic, which helps to avoid infection, and, of course, it’s latex free.
United Hayek units are really advanced. Devices like the Hayek RTX are crammed with the latest technology. It incorporates many modes of ventilation